Did you know that people with diabetes, are 2X more likely to develop gum disease?
Diabetes makes the body more susceptible to bacterial infection, so people with diabetes have a decreased ability to fight germs that invade the gums.
The good news is that brushing with Colgate Total® toothpaste twice daily is a simple step that you can do every day to help take charge of your gum health.
- Colgate Total® is specially formulated to help prevent gingivitis, an early form of gum disease
- Colgate Total® can actually helps improve your gum health in as little as 4 weeks*
- Continue the anti-bacterial benefits after brushing with Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield™ Mouthwash. It helps to protect against germs for 12 hours‡ even after eating and drinking
Learn more about diabetes and oral health
Specially formulated for gum health, Colgate Total® toothpaste:
- Reduces 83% more plaque germs that cause gingivitis, the most common form of gum disease, for 12 hours**
- Is the only FDA-approved† and ADA accepted toothpaste to help prevent gingivitis
- Is a national strategic partner of the American Diabetes Association
- Is the #1 toothpaste recommended most often by dentists for gingivitis
Take charge of your oral health with Colgate Total®
*Results improve with continued twice daily use, as shown in 6 month clinical studies of the general population.
**vs. ordinary, non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste 12 hours after brushing.
†Colgate Total® toothpaste is approved through the New Drug Application process to help prevent gingivitis. Not approved for the prevention or treatment of serious gum disease or other diseases.
‡ Results improve with continued twice daily use.