Did you know that if you have diabetes, you're 2X more likely to develop gum disease?
Diabetes makes the body more susceptible to bacterial infection, so people with diabetes have a decreased ability to fight germs that invade the gums.
The good news is that brushing with Colgate Total® is a simple step you can do every day to take charge of your gum health because it actually helps improve gum health in as little as 4 weeks.*
- Colgate Total® is the only toothpaste specially recommended to prevent diabetes-related gum disease
- Colgate Total® actually helps improve your gum health in only 4 weeks
- Colgate Total® Advanced Pro-Shield™ Mouthwash protects against germs for 12 hours even after eating and drinking
Learn more about diabetes and oral health
Specially formulated for gum health, Colgate Total® toothpaste:
- Reduces 90% of plaque germs that cause gingivitis, the most common form of gum disease, for 12 hours**
- Is the only FDA-approved† toothpaste to prevent gingivitis
- Is a national strategic partner of the American Diabetes Association
- Is the #1 toothpaste recommended most by dentists for gum care
Take charge of your oral health with Colgate Total®
*Results improve with continued twice daily use, as shown in 6 month clinical studies of the general population.
**vs. ordinary, non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste 12 hours after brushing.
†Colgate Total® toothpaste is approved through the New Drug Application process to help prevent gingivitis. Not approved for the prevention or treatment of serious gum disease or other diseases.